Spicy Eggplant Salad
Ingredients (4 servings)
2 small eggplants
Lemon juice (1/4 lemon)
Soy Sauce Dressing:
Chopped Chili pepper 1 tea spoon
Olive oil 2 table spoons
Soy Sauce 1 table spoon
Hakkaisan 1 tea spoon
1. Skin the eggplant
2. Slice the eggplant into match stick size
3. Sprinkle lemon juice onto the sliced eggplant
4. Mix the eggplant with spicy soya dressing
5. Garnish with fried eggplant skin on the side
* Alternatively, cucumber or other vegetables of your choice could be used.
* Olive oil could be alternated with Sesame oil or any other oil of your choice.
Tomato and Tofu with Sesame seed Dressing
Ingredients (4 portions)
Tomatoes 2 medium size
Tofu 1 container
Oil for frying
Sesame paste 2 table spoons
Sugar 1 tea spoon
Soy Sauce 1 tea spoon
Hakkaisan 2 table spoons
1. Slice the tomato into 1/2 inch thickness
2. Cut the 1 pack of Tofu into 2 pieces and slice into 1 inch thickness
3. Fry the Tofu in frying pan to brown the both sides. Do not mash or mix.
4. Make the dressing with sesame paste, sugar, soy sauce and Hakkaisan.
5. Sandwich the tomato with fried Tofu
6. Garnish with Sesame dressing
* Tofu could be used raw without frying
* Tomato could be replaced with cucumbers
* Grated cucumber could be alternatively used instead of Sesame dressing.
Put salt and pepper in place of sugar and Soy Sauce for cucumber dressing